• March 28, 2024, 04:27:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: "Official" firmware releases still not "official" everywhere?  (Read 3969 times)

melvynadam

• Level 2 Member

I just went to download 1.05 and Google brought me to here.

Looks like an "official" page but the latest f/w available is 1.03.

I thought it might be because that's the UK page so I went to the US one. There, the latest is 1.04. Sigh.

Obviously, I've now d/led it from these forums but I thought I'd write it up in case someone here can fix it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:25:36 AM by melvynadam »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: "Official" firmware releases still not "official" everywhere?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 07:28:52 AM »

The latest DNS-343 firmware (at least for USA) is v1.06b01 (beta) and v1.05 (release). D-Link USA is in the process of launching their new corporate website in concert with a number of othe product releases, so the fact that v1.05 was not posted as the latest release version is most likely due to resource constraints.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

melvynadam

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 01:01:06 AM »

I've just installed 1.05 (staying away from beta releases for now).

Do you know if the "release notes" are complete? I've written my fair share of release notes for a variety of software and hardware releases, and while some companies are meticulous about including every change, others prefer a more selective aproach.

I guess my real question is: even though the notes for 1.06b1 state there's only a single change and it's a new feature, does the release possibly include some minor bug fixes too which are good to have even if the new feature is of no interest to me?

melvynadam

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 01:19:38 AM »

even though the notes for 1.06b1 state there's only a single change and it's a new feature, does the release possibly include some minor bug fixes too which are good to have even if the new feature is of no interest to me?

Anyone?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 04:40:01 AM »

I've just installed 1.05 (staying away from beta releases for now).

Do you know if the "release notes" are complete? I've written my fair share of release notes for a variety of software and hardware releases, and while some companies are meticulous about including every change, others prefer a more selective aproach.

I guess my real question is: even though the notes for 1.06b1 state there's only a single change and it's a new feature, does the release possibly include some minor bug fixes too which are good to have even if the new feature is of no interest to me?

The only change is the single item stated (FTP related).
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC