• March 28, 2024, 01:28:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: dsc-930l cannont connect to dlink server  (Read 3958 times)

nodakskip

• Level 1 Member
dsc-930l cannont connect to dlink server
« on: November 26, 2014, 06:47:45 PM »

I an at ny aunts trying to install a DSC-930L wireless camera. I do the wired connection to set up and it will go through but not connect to the dlink server to create an account. Its a 200 something dollar new dlink router. I do the wireless wps button connect and it says it connects but then it wants me to go through the set up to try to create the account.

Several times it says cannot connect to dlink server. Is there a way to make an account with the just wps connection?  Or is this camera not supported anymore?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: dsc-930l cannont connect to dlink server
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 08:15:02 PM »

It should work. .. ???

Can you connect to mydlink.com in a Web browser?

Have you tried downloading the latest set up from dlink.com, instead of using the install cd?

nodakskip

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 08:24:19 PM »

Dlink.com and my dlink comes up in the browser and works to show my mothers camera at her house. The net is connected but keeps sayong cant connect to dlink server. I downloaded and used the newest updated install setup via dlink.com for the dsc-930l. Could it be that the setup programdon is not working for that camera? Can I download a camera setup for a newer model camera and try it on the dsc-930l?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 07:52:54 AM »

It sounds like you have an account created and everything is working.

I doubt another install program from a different camera will help. They are somewhat specific.

I'm not sure what part is trying to connect to dlink server.

nodakskip

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 09:47:21 AM »

at my mothers house she has a camera that works.

Here at my aunts house we are trying to install her new camera in a different house. It goes through the plug in ethernet cord to camera and router and then power supply. It scans for the camera aftr its green and finds it. Then it says its doing the network and says can not find the internet or can not find dlink server.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 09:55:17 AM »

Sorry. I got lost with the houses.

Can you try to install the camera at your mothers house in a new account to use at your aunts house?

Or try your mothers camera at the aunts house first to see if that can get in the Cloud?

nodakskip

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 11:01:58 AM »

I am going to take the camera back to my place to see if it works when i go home after the holidays.

it seems to coonect fine via router with the wps setup but the making an account on mydlink or reaching dlink.com server is the trouble. since the wps reads the camera... is there a different way too get a login created after wps the besides going via setup program?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 07:09:54 AM »

It doesn't look like it.
Clicking on not registered takes you to a How to page.

https://www.mydlink.com/entrance