• October 18, 2018, 07:07:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: No internet coverage after power restart, possible to fix the time and date?  (Read 827 times)

kennethcvf

• Level 1 Member

I currently modified DCS-936L as a car camcorder in a vehical.
since it's supported 128GB TF card will get more longer recording time.
The problem is, When car power restart, the time and date of camera will back to 2016-01-01.
So, the video recording always keep overwrite the same date only.
If my area without Wifi , hotspot or internet condition, is it possible to fix the current time and date?
just work like normal Car DashCam which can always SAVE the correct current time.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

How do you have the camera connected to the internet? Time and date are set up by internet connection to NTP services I believe automatically. If the camera doesn't have internet access, then the time and date won't be corrected.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

They don't have wifi or any Internet  ;)

I don't see any way around this. 

I suspect no internal cmos type battery in the 936l like other dlink cams.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology

Yep.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!