D-Link Wireless Access Points For Business > DWL-3600AP

Clients not recieving DHCP lease "Failed to obtain IP address".

<< < (2/2)

FurryNutz:
Lets try that.

So is the clients connecting to the DWL and not getting any IP address thru it from the main server?

If the DWL is in standard AP mode with out any of its server features running it should just pass thru any and all traffic from the main server to clients...

Evilbones76:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on March 09, 2018, 02:20:21 PM ---Lets try that.

So is the clients connecting to the DWL and not getting any IP address thru it from the main server?

If the DWL is in standard AP mode with out any of its server features running it should just pass thru any and all traffic from the main server to clients...

--- End quote ---

Hey Furry,

Yes, thats exactly right - the DWL is in standard management mode - whereby it is managing the AP's, but that's it.  It should pass through all packets/traffic to the server, but something is stopping the DHCP lease assigning process. 

Strangely enough, about 2/10 times I can actually get a full DHCP lease.  If I find out what AP (we have 40 of them placed around the college) the device is connected to (installing some kind of Net Analyser app on said device), then once I have located that AP, if I do a power cycle on the 3600 AP, sometimes it will provide a lease.   But, the AP's are in manged mode, so again they are just meant to pass through all traffic. 

I will get Wireshark installed, so whats up..

Thanks for your help,

SK

FurryNutz:
Ok, keep us posted. I presume that maybe there is a configuration issue with the DWL or something is happening with it.

I would also make contact with NG support and get more review on there side with this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version