• April 27, 2024, 06:40:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Setting a password  (Read 5483 times)

JeremyBell

• Level 1 Member
Setting a password
« on: November 13, 2010, 02:19:52 PM »

I followed the FAQ instructions listed under "How do I set an administrative password on my DIR router?" on the dlink website.  I set the admin password and the user password, and it prompted me to reset the router, which I did, and it said the password was set.

And yet, all the devices in the house are still able to connect to the wifi without a password.  Why is this happening?  I'm pretty sure the neighbors are using our wifi.

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
Re: Setting a password
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:10:43 AM »

Setting a password has worked but you have confused this with the Wireless Security.  The password is for the configuration web pages access.  You will need look at the guide(s) for setting up the wireless network security.

JeremyBell

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 11:36:33 AM »

I don't know what you mean.  I just want to keep the neighbors from using our wifi.  What is this guide?  Can I find it online?  Thanks.

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »

Your router came with a CD that contains the user guide.

JeremyBell

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »

The person who bought that router passed away last year.  We have no idea if there ever was a CD, or where to find it.  Is there any way I can access this guide online?  Thank you.

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 10:15:06 AM »