• March 18, 2024, 11:34:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: x64 drivers coming?  (Read 72672 times)

Thorgils

• Level 1 Member
x64 drivers coming?
« on: November 09, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »

Since the previous thread on this topic has been locked I'm unable to add to it, so I'll start a new one.

I upgraded recently from 32-bit WinVista to 64-bit Win7.  Since Microsoft's hardware compatibility list had told me that 64-bit drivers were available for all my hardware, I was surprised to find subsequently, from postings here and elsewhere, that this just wasn't true for the DWA-142.

However, based on this thread [http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/151536-dlink-dwa-142-installation-problems-vista-64bit.html] and this thread [http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/188050-d-link-dwa-142-vista-x64-driver.html], I decided to download this 64-bit driver [ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/wn111_setup_21_na.exe] for a comparable Netgear adapter based on the same chipset.  I had no problems installing it and it seems to be working fine (except that when the computer is in sleep mode the connection breaks more often than it used to in my WinVista experience).

I hope this is useful for anyone following a similar path and discovering the same D-Link brick wall.

Thorgils

• Level 1 Member
Re: x64 drivers coming?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 08:20:25 AM »

. . . and I appear to have resolved the "disconnect on sleep" issue by unchecking the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Properties/Power management.

RaZor87

• Level 1 Member
Re: x64 drivers coming?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 12:35:30 PM »

I know a very old topic but I just tried this under Windows 7 64bit and though initially no drivers were found, once I used windows update drivers downloaded and installed and it connected fine to my o2 Wireless Box 4 at 130mbps (its full speed).