• March 18, 2024, 09:00:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Install HANGS on Windows XP-SP2 using Latest Driver from Webpage  (Read 12140 times)

markt5233

• Level 1 Member

Any advice on what I should do and how I can get around this?

I just bought this DWA-142 USB Wireless N adapter for my work laptop to use with the New
D-Link DIR-655 Gigbit Wireless N Router that I purchased.  The Router installed and was configured
without any problems, BUT the DWA-142 Adapter is another story.

Whenever I try to install the Driver on my laptop it gets to the point where it asks me to plug
the adapter into the USB port, and then it just causes my system to come to a standstill.
This is even with VIRTUALLY Nothing running, and I have tried several times.

My laptop is fairly recent with a 1.6GHz Processor and 3GB of memory and I run LOTS of programs
at the same time so I have no idea why this Install Program just brings the system to it's knees
and never completes successfully.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.  For now I just run using my regular Wireless-G connection since I can't get this adapter to install and run.

kevinla

• Level 3 Member
Re: Install HANGS on Windows XP-SP2 using Latest Driver from Webpage
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »

Any advice on what I should do and how I can get around this?

I just bought this DWA-142 USB Wireless N adapter for my work laptop to use with the New
D-Link DIR-655 Gigbit Wireless N Router that I purchased.  The Router installed and was configured
without any problems, BUT the DWA-142 Adapter is another story.

Whenever I try to install the Driver on my laptop it gets to the point where it asks me to plug
the adapter into the USB port, and then it just causes my system to come to a standstill.
This is even with VIRTUALLY Nothing running, and I have tried several times.

My laptop is fairly recent with a 1.6GHz Processor and 3GB of memory and I run LOTS of programs
at the same time so I have no idea why this Install Program just brings the system to it's knees
and never completes successfully.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.  For now I just run using my regular Wireless-G connection since I can't get this adapter to install and run.

I would do a system restore to before the first install was done and try to install it again.

If not, contact customer service.  They will be helpful more times than not.  Are you using XP drivers and not Vista?

« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:51:10 PM by kevinla »