• March 18, 2024, 07:57:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Blue screen on high network load  (Read 16366 times)

CadErik

• Level 2 Member
Blue screen on high network load
« on: April 03, 2008, 10:25:27 AM »

I have two DWA 142 with a DIR-655 router. One computer is an old Sem**** with VIA board the other one is on a AMD X2 4200+ with a ATI based motherboard.
On the old computer the DWA has been running flawlessly although the CPU load is rather high when using network.
On the other computer, I get random reboots and BSOD when the network load is high.
I saw few times the message and I believe the driver in cause is the marvell driver. I installed the latest version from the windows update website.
Has anyone else seen similar issues?

Erik

Alex Molina

• Level 1 Member
Re: Blue screen on high network load
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 11:40:08 AM »

Sorry we don't have reported a issue like this on a previous case with this model DWA-142 however wee will check this out and inform you what kind of issue could it be..

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 08:29:04 AM »

Erik,
Are you running the D-Link utility or the WZC?

TheNewZackMorris

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 05:16:57 PM »

I am having the exact same problem. I am using the latest driver from Windows Update which is 1.5.0.2. When I have a high network load, usually when downloading 2 or more files, Windows does a memory dump and reboots. It says the file causing the problem is mrvw24b.sys.   This is really aggravating and annoying. Any ideas on what to do to fix the problem?

philip

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 05:11:02 PM »

Thank god, at last there are other people experiencing the dreaded bluescreen with dwa 142.
Whenever I download something, either the network connection drops, or i'm presented with a BSOD. I tried 1.5.0.2, no improvement, so back to 1.4.0.3. I'm running windows 7 64 bit now and the same BSOD (error code varies, but always points to a usb device or the marvell driver) continues.