• April 18, 2024, 01:46:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR655 EU - NA - EU fw changes  (Read 6743 times)

Techie

• Level 1 Member
DIR655 EU - NA - EU fw changes
« on: August 29, 2009, 03:22:14 AM »

Hi tech friends!

I searched the forum, but my problem seems to be new, one of a kind:

I had problems with one pc (vista 64) using shareport (0.96, 1.0, 1.14). I tried several EU versions with no luck, so I found a ftp site with a much newer NA version. Allthough warrenty is lost, I tried version 1.32  (2009/07/09).
Still I cannot see any device connected to the USB on this computer, while the others do just fine!?
Now I just found (not mentioned on the Dutch D-link site!?) this forum, and see newer versions for the EU market. But my question now is:

I cannot upgrade, downgrade to any version, please help??

Since I could't upgrade to the EU version I tried downgrading to version 1.20 EU and 1.20 EU, also both not working. I tried factory default and 15 seconds reset button, all leading to this error message:
The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this device, or the uploaded file may be corrupted.

If the uploaded file is correct, it is possible that the device may be too busy to properly receive it right now. In this case, please try the upload again. It is also possible that you are logged in as a 'user' instead of an 'admin' - only administrators can upload new firmware.

The Gateway will not be reprogrammed.
Does anyone know what I can do now? As you can see I tried everything I could find in this forum, without luck.. please help???  :(

Thanks in advance, Richard

Edit: my version is DIR-655, Hardware Version: A4, Firmware Version: 1.32NA
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 04:24:35 AM by Techie »

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
Re: DIR655 EU - NA - EU fw changes
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 03:33:49 AM »

Yes, there is no downgrade possible to a version 1.2 or the 1.30EU.
You have to stay with a 1.3xNA version now.

You can read here a bunch of threads about the downgrade wishes.

You need to wait for the next NA version or until there is an EU release build with the newer Ubicom SDK.
(If they ever will)

It is written in the change log: No downgrade possible. You better have read this before.

sandman

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 03:38:59 AM »

There are actually at lot of threads on this site that have talked about it not being possible to Downgrade from 1.32NA to 1.21. a lot of people have been caught out by this, though.
In the thread just before this one, Lizzi555 also talks about trying to check out the new 1.30EU, and also could not get the EU version to load over the 1.32NA.
sorry, but I believe you may well be stuck with using the versions you have until an update version of shareport and/or an update of 1.32NA comes along.

Ah, Lizzi555, you beat me to the punch on the answer, my friend!   ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 03:40:51 AM by sandman »
ASUS RT-N56U
"I Love Deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
               Douglas Adams

Techie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 04:22:46 AM »

Thank you so far, it is in the releasenotes indeed! I am not in panic because I have no issues so far...
The only strange thing I have is that I am not able to upload my config (same version fw) after a factory default!?

Restore Invalid

The restored configuration file is not correct. You may have restored a file that is not intended for this device, or the restore file is from an incompatible version of this product, or the restored file may be corrupted.

Try the restore again with valid restore configuration file.

Please press the button below to continue configuring the router.

sandman

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 04:27:59 AM »

Thank you so far, it is in the releasenotes indeed! I am not in panic because I have no issues so far...
The only strange thing I have is that I am not able to upload my config (same version fw) after a factory default!?

I cannot speak personally, as I am still staying with 1.21EUb07 at present, but I have read in other threads that many people had this same issue, and several experienced posters have stated that even if you could load the saved prefs, it is better to manually input your preferences, as small corruptions, either in the save or during loading it, can cause all sorts of problems! So better you re-enter your prefs and do a new save then.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 04:31:13 AM by sandman »
ASUS RT-N56U
"I Love Deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
               Douglas Adams