• April 24, 2024, 03:34:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: FW1.08 problem with installing new HD  (Read 1764 times)

fredcl

• Level 1 Member
FW1.08 problem with installing new HD
« on: April 12, 2010, 03:51:56 AM »

I had to replace one of the HDD in my NAS. Inserting the new one resulted into the question to format the new disk. I entered 'yes' but after formatting 3% the formatting stopped with error 112. The error also occured after several trials, having only one HDD in the NAS, after a fresh boot etc.
The workaround was (as described in one of the threads on this forum) to re-flash to an earlier FW version  ???
Thus first I tried FW version 1.09 beta 1. The result is the same, the error 112. Then I went back to 1.07. The formatting worked ok, no problem. Re-flashing again to 1.09 was no problem. The only problem was that I had to re-flash the device to get a new HDD installed. I think this is a major bug in the firmware !  :-\ :'(
After flashing to 1.09 I had to re-create the settings of the NAS and re-install all the additional software.
Anyhow it works again flawless and I'm again happy  :D

But for average users this is not a pretty way to solve this problem. This should be basis functionality of the firmware.