• April 16, 2024, 09:19:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Router Virus  (Read 9542 times)

dynamic73

• Level 1 Member
Router Virus
« on: August 20, 2010, 04:20:42 PM »

I have used 6 different virus, spyware, & malware locators & removers. None have found a problem on my PC. I also did a reformat of Windows 7. Which also did not stop the web page redirect virus. Which is giving me a big headache. When using google or any search engine. When clicking on the links. I am redirected to bogus websites. I have searched and found out the problem may well be with the router. I've only had this router for 3 days now. And the problems did indeed start shortly after installing the router. It is a used router. That I bought off Ebay. I've logged into the router and changed the password. Which didn't help. I also used a paper clip to reset the router. The last thing I tried was to reinstall the firmware. Which my router showed as being 1.7. So I tried reinstalling 1.7 and it seemed to update. But I still have this redirect virus. What else can I do?

Mightydathin

• Level 1 Member
Re: Router Virus
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 05:08:21 PM »

I have never ever ever heard of a router virus.  The redirect is most likely a proxy server that was installed by a virus.  Even if you get rid of the virus the proxy changes stay.  simply go into your browsers options and turn off proxies, or reset them to the proxy servers that you use.

LookIntoMyEyees

• Level 5 Member
  • Let me lend you a hand & solutions shall follow.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 10:12:34 AM »

You claim it to be your router? It is not. Try doing a Factory default from within the firmware of your router (192.168.0.1) Type that in your browser and than Navigate to TOOLS > System > Restore To Factory Default. After that if you still claim it to be the router, than buy a different router because that one is not safe for you.

--
Chris
Did I Help? If So, Say So! ShHHhh!, Just LookIntoMyEyees! No one is perfect, we all make mistakes.

jcy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:18:59 AM »

try changing your DNS servers to google's:

i'm of course assuming you know how to manually set IP configuration