• April 19, 2024, 04:23:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help connecting in vista  (Read 10632 times)

///M3TZ

Help connecting in vista
« on: June 04, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »

I just setup my new rig today and all is well except I can't connect to the internet. I did install the chipset and LAN drivers from the included motherboard drivers. I am communicating with my network and able to login to the DGL 4500 interface site as well as my modem site. I have a green bar from computer to network then red bar from network to internet. Only thing i see wrong is IPV6 has limited connectivity. I know this may not be the best place to ask this but I thought I would try. Thanks

OS; vista ult 64 sp1
mobo: evga X58 classified

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
Re: Help connecting in vista
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 03:19:20 PM »

The DGL-4500 doesn't support IPv6 at all. 

Is that what you were doing after?

Did you try power cycling your modem, and router? 

///M3TZ

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 03:27:46 PM »

I did try power cycling them... no luck

Should I completely disable ipv6 from registry? Microsoft has the instructions

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 04:35:07 PM »

If you can log into your modem can you post the status page from it.

///M3TZ

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »

It's definitely the router causing the problems... connected straight to modem and I'm posting now. Need to figure this out. What status page would you like to see on my modem? I have no problem connecting windows xp systems to the router and it working right away.

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 05:52:30 PM »

Have you tried using the INTERNET CONNECTION SETUP WIZARD?

Try it after doing a restart of the modem.

///M3TZ

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 06:12:49 PM »

Where can I find that utility? First day using vista. Thanks

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 06:18:47 PM »

Yes you have to setup your network in vista in order for it to work properly and there's a wizard.  Look in your network and sharing center or just type network wizard into the help menu.

///M3TZ

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 06:49:47 PM »

Hmm seems to work after one of my restarts. Strange. Thanks for now everyone who helped

///M3TZ

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 08:37:50 PM »

It's back to doing it again? None of the setup wizard options make sense to me... it seems obvious the top one but then it asks for a username and password. Tried my ISP username and password and that didn't work.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 08:46:11 PM »

I honestly wouldn't have installed the drivers off of the CD.  That may be the cause of your problems, as they are older normally.  I suggest seeing if you can download the driver package from the nvidia site, and then upgrade them.  You should have better results, and eliminate that problem. 

///M3TZ

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 08:48:09 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try evga's site again. When I went earlier none of their download links were working.

///M3TZ

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »

Confirmed, both drivers on evga's site are the ones that came on the disk... haven't been updated. Does anyone know where I can uninstall my chipset drivers and reinstall? I have been able to uninstall and reinstall my LAN drivers several times but not my chipset.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 11:03:58 PM »

I didn't read some of your other posts.  But, if you are able to post when directly connected to the modem, you need to register the router's MAC address with your ISP somehow, to get online.  You can try releasing the MAC address and/or IP associated, and then power cycle, but ONLY have the router hooked up.  This normally works.  And this is under the assumption you have cable. 

What ISP do you have?

As far as the drivers go, you probably would have been better off, NOT installing the drivers off of the CD.  There are updated ones on Intel's site.  Even LAN drivers there too probably.  But, most importantly, Vista has a lot of drivers in the installation, that it should have worked just fine right out of the box, and upon installing the OS.

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 12:26:53 AM »

Where can I find that utility? First day using vista. Thanks

Go to http://192.168.0.1, then "BASIC", select "WIZARD", then select
"Launch Internet Connection Setup Wizard". You can clone you MAC address at the end.
Pages: [1] 2