• March 28, 2024, 01:22:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: BitTorrent not connecting to peers!  (Read 20352 times)

Juliagizzle

• Level 1 Member
BitTorrent not connecting to peers!
« on: September 13, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »

Just yesterday bittorrent stopped connecting to peers altogether. I was running FW 1.08 for months but I never installed the the addon package for bittorrent. I was using the original app since FW 1.05. I never opened port 6881 and torrents connected to peers and downloaded normally ever since I downloaded 1.08 FW.  Just yesterday I noticed my torrents were stuck at 0 progress and not connected to any peers whatsoever.

I installed the bittorrent apkg and rebooted several times. I uninstalled the bittorrent apgk and reinstalled it. I still can not connect. I even opened the port 6881 on router and it's still not connecting. I checked the port and it is not blocked. What other steps can I take to resolve this matter? Please help soon, this is going to give me a stroke! lol
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:15:30 PM by Juliagizzle »

Juliagizzle

• Level 1 Member
Re: BitTorrent not connecting to peers!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:11:10 PM »

I reset and reformatted DNS-323 and installed latest firmware again. The torrents started working again, and connected.  Today they have stopped connecting to peers again, no matter what torrent I try. I am unable to pinpoint problem.

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 03:28:20 AM »

this is going to give me a stroke! lol

The problem is without the torrent working, you can't stroke. ;)

Internet access issues? Network configuration changed? New router firmware added? I can't think why the 323 would suddenly decide to stop working without some sort of external infulence.
Does the BT software work on a PC?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 03:30:08 AM by jamieburchell »
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!

Juliagizzle

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 03:55:12 PM »

The problem is without the torrent working, you can't stroke. ;)

Internet access issues? Network configuration changed? New router firmware added? I can't think why the 323 would suddenly decide to stop working without some sort of external infulence.
Does the BT software work on a PC?

Um wow those kind of torrents aren't my cup of tea... LOL

Anyway the issue seems to have been resolved with an ip address change to the device. Also I speculate the torrent client doesn't like me saving the torrent links within the BT torrent folder. I saved links to another folder and that's when I noticed torrents connecting properly again.

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 05:08:43 AM »

Um wow those kind of torrents aren't my cup of tea... LOL

Sorry, that was probably OTT. I was having a funny 5 minutes. I also shouldn't assume that everyone using torrents is a downloading illegal p*rn!

Glad it's resolved, although why I don't know. I don't actually use the functionality myself.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:11:32 AM by jamieburchell »
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!