• April 25, 2024, 07:56:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: daylight use?  (Read 4182 times)

DryBnz

• Level 1 Member
daylight use?
« on: February 22, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »

anybody else having issues with bright daylight making the picture so white you cant see it? I have a 930 and a 932 with the same issue. Just wanted something to point out a window and keep an eye on my driveway but they are useless in daylight unless it's a cloudy day. I've tried adjusting the brightness and contrast and saturation with no luck. Are these just designed for indoor use?

acellier

• Level 4 Member
Re: daylight use?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 04:53:30 PM »

Are you sure that the window glass is not being blasted with sunlight? i've had that happen.
We have 4 to 6 cameras going at any one time, some outside and some inside, and what you descrive has happened to me when looking out THROUGH a window hit by the sun.

DryBnz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 05:16:04 PM »

No, I thought that a first and understand that can happen but this is not the issue. I have the sun shining on the opposite side of my house so the camera is actually in the shade but the yard is nice and bright and the picture through the cameras is white. I even tried hanging the camera out the window today to see if there was something up with the glass in this house but had the same issue.

DryBnz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 06:26:27 PM »

I think the camera can't handle the transition from a shady area to bright light in the same frame

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 07:42:48 PM »

Did you try Setup/Image Setup/Brightness Control ?

DryBnz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 08:23:57 PM »

yes. i said I tried all that in my original post.

brad81987

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 06:45:28 AM »

Do you have "anti-flicker" enabled in Image Setup? If so, try disabling it. I had the same problem until I disabled anti-flicker. Image was fine in the early morning and evening but washed out white during the day, even if the sun wasn't out.

DryBnz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 01:52:38 PM »

Brad...your recommendation did the trick. Where should Dlink send your paycheck? ;) thanks for the help.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC