• April 19, 2024, 09:34:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-615 and bitcomet = not friends?  (Read 4775 times)

iversonjai

DIR-615 and bitcomet = not friends?
« on: December 10, 2007, 10:25:46 AM »

hi....I just purchase dir-615...and I'm unable to have a constant download speed.  Usually I can get about 300kbps...but now I'm only getting 100kbps after I install the router...I have upgraded to the newest firmware and I have opened the port already...does anyone know how to solve this problem?
also...the speed of the model is always fluctuating...ie: 24mbps/54mbps/36mbps...is this normal or is there something wrong with the model?

DRT-1000

• n00b
  • Level 2 Member
Re: DIR-615 and bitcomet = not friends?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 10:32:05 AM »

you're wireless?

tisz

Re: DIR-615 and bitcomet = not friends?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 11:53:28 AM »

I would check your transmitting power on your wireless card and maybe bump it up a bit. Also it can be due to the placement of you router. Seems to me that when I have it higher up and in a corner of a room it ends up working best. Also you have a "N" rated card you need to use wpa-2 with aes encryption to get 300mbps or it will only go up 54mbps. Theres really a lot that can affect this so with out seeing it and how its placed its hard to say. Did you replace an old router with your new 615? if so did you put it in the same spot?