• April 18, 2024, 06:55:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-6620 Operation Timed Out Message  (Read 3689 times)

AM_1212

• Level 1 Member
DCS-6620 Operation Timed Out Message
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »

I have 18 DCS-6620 network cameras powered by DWL-P200 Power over Ethernet (PoE) for each one. My problem is cameras keep losing power or something. What happens is you go to the webpage and try to connect and instead of a picture you get a yellow screen that says "Operation Timed Out". I replaced several of the DWL-P200 Power over Ethernet (PoE) and a couple of them lost the picture again. One of them I reset and it was working fine and the next day I got that yellow screen again. Right now I have seven cameras that are not working. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason for this. I traded places with cameras and the DWL-P200 at different locations to see if that made any difference - it didn't. There does not seem to be a pattern. This is making me crazy. Is there some solution simple or otherwise that I am just not getting? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have talked with tech support several times and "reset the camera" is the general pearl of wisdom I have received. Help please!  :(

Update: 4-13-10. Problem still not resolved. The problem seems to be connecting by POE. ONLY Two of the cameras were accessable so we could power them directly instead of POE. By doing that those two cameras have not gone offline once. So the problem has to be connecting by POE. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 05:27:28 PM by AM_1212 »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS-6620 Operation Timed Out Message
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:43:27 AM »

Do you have this issue if you do not use the DWL-P200 PoE adapters and use the provided power supply?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream