• April 17, 2024, 09:30:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Bad Device Response  (Read 4510 times)

TangoBird

• Level 1 Member
Bad Device Response
« on: November 02, 2012, 03:05:24 PM »

I keep getting "Bad Device Response. Please try again (343FF0191)" on my iPhone when I try to see my video.  On the computer I'm able to see the video, but not the iPhone.  Unplugging and replugging in the camera does not help.  Any advice?

TangoBird

• Level 1 Member
Re: Bad Device Response
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 01:24:11 PM »

Does anyone have any advice for a camera that won't show up on my iPhone (getting "bad device response") but will show the image on a computer?  Thanks so much.

oberkc

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 04:26:17 AM »

Is your computer on your home network?  Are you trying to use the same IP address on your phone and computer?

TangoBird

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 05:11:59 AM »

Thank you for your reply. It is on a home network, but I checked the IP addresses on the computer and the iPhone (for the wireless network), and it is not the same (last digit is different).  Any other suggestions?

oberkc

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 09:44:31 AM »

I am no expert at this stuff, but I believe there needs to be more than the last digit difference in your address.  It sounds as if your computer is on your home network (LAN) where your iPhone can be either on your home network (aka wifi) or on your cellular network (WAN).  If both are operating on your home network, the address should be identical (no different last digit).  If your computer is on your home network and you are trying to view the camera images over the cellular network, you would need to have a completely different address for your phone (IP:port) and, possibly, some port-forwarding rules set up on your router.

For example, my local address for my cameras are something like: 192.168.X.XX.  My address for when I am on my cellular network looks something like: 75.18X.XX.XXX:XX.

TangoBird

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 02:05:26 PM »

Thanks for your reply.  How do I force a change of an IP address??

oberkc

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 06:40:56 PM »

Perhaps I misunderstood your earlier post.  Yes, your computer has an address.  Yes, your iPhone has an address.  When both are on the home network, then it is possible that the address would be different only by a single digit.  This was not my concern with my intial response.  There is no need to "force a change" of an IP address.

The IP address to which I was originally intending to ask about was the one for your camera, not for the phone or computer.  The camera has an IP address also, and it might also be a single digit difference from your computer or iPhone.  Since you are able to see the video on the computer, I am assuming that everything is set up properly for use within your home network. 

When you originally expressed concern that you could not get the video on your iPhone, I was wondering what IP address you were using for your camera.  If your iPhone is using cellular data connection (not home wifi), then the IP address you should use for your camera is different that the one used on the home computer.  If your iPhone is on your home wifi network, then the IP address to be used for your camera should be the SAME as when viewing on your home computer.

Perhaps it best to state the software used on your computer as well as the app on your iPhone.  Or...are you using "myDlink" web page?   

I use icam viewer on an iPad, iSpy on a windows computer, and a couple of apps on an android tablet.  All have to be properly configured to view the camera video feed, and this configuration is different, depending on whether your data connection is your home wifi (LAN), or outside your home wifi (cellular, public wifi)(WAN). 

Also, your router and camera potentially has to be configured, depending on app.