• March 28, 2024, 04:47:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any way to switch brtween Auto and customize1 settings at night / day change?  (Read 5645 times)

turnbui

• Level 2 Member

due to poor night vision with Auto setting at night i have to manually switch to a customize1 setting. then for daytime switch back to Auto as night settings not good. is there a way to do this automatically?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

Try like this : Customise 1, 1/8 to 1/10000, denoise 25 to 30.

turnbui

• Level 2 Member

i did restore defaults but don't have 1/8 only 1/25? here's what i get
hmmm! how do i copy paste a .jpg?

turnbui

• Level 2 Member

it is really poor as shown in these pics. abysmal is better description. FM v1.14.03 australia.

https://s23.postimg.org/e8q6hyrej/cam_suggs_1.jpg

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:13:50 AM by turnbui »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

I'm beginning to wonder if there is an issue with crap on the inside lens of some of the 2330l.

turnbui

• Level 2 Member

should we ask for a replacement? surely it should have better night vision?
as dawn breaks it gets good as in following, note time
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:14:36 AM by turnbui »

turnbui

• Level 2 Member

in the first pic above i thought the window cill on bottom right might be causing interference so i got my sister to reposition the camera but it made no difference. is anyone else having this night vision prob or is it just v1.14.03 FW?
sun rise was 05:42 in Sydney.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:55:56 AM by turnbui »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

I had a Refurb that was excessively dirty in the inside.
I had circles.  Using it as a behind the window cam with out the ir. Therefore 1.12 is only option.

If you can, look at the housing from the outside. Does it look like moisture inside?

turnbui

• Level 2 Member

no moisture; in fact it looks real clean i'm told. what's concerning is the last pic above showing pretty good result at 05:34 slightly before sun rise at 05:42 in Sydney. ie not as dark as in prev pic at 23:59.??
i see other posts on here re poor night vision but some sort it with settings and others with external illuminators. shouldn't have to buy extra equip as this unit is nigh on $AU300.
but if i can sort it i'd be happier.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

i did restore defaults but don't have 1/8 only 1/25? here's what i get
hmmm! how do i copy paste a .jpg?

You need to do the other way.  Min is 1/10000 and max is 1/8.

My 1.01 F/W does allow min of only 1/30.

You have to realize though that frame rates drop with more open shutter.  Might get blurry if someone was to walk by.

turnbui

• Level 2 Member

will an illuminator make a difference. ?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

I think as long as the IR light was turned off on the camera... you might have to go back to 1.12 F/W to fully get the IR light to stay off.

Is there any way to shine any light down this roof? from say a flashlight?  I'm pretty sure the blurry area will go away.

The really odd thing with my refurb- is that I turned it upside down - but the spots didn't move.  I swapped in another 2330L and it worked just fine.

Which reminds me - I think another one I setup outside might have some same sort of issue. I thought it was moisture from outdoors. I'll have to check on that install. (And that one was new).  I think my 2330L is ok - but there's so much outdoor light that I don't need the IR on, so no issues there.

turnbui

• Level 2 Member

i have no way to do FW updates. if i taped / blocked over the IR light would this give same effect?
isn't the IR light that gives the night vision?
we are trying to locate where nocturnal destructive animals are getting into property so flashlight is out. IR illuminator should be ok.

this ICR filter. what exactly does this do in bery low light?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:56:59 PM by turnbui »

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member

i have no way to do FW updates. if i taped / blocked over the IR light would this give same effect?
isn't the IR light that gives the night vision?
we are trying to locate where nocturnal destructive animals are getting into property so flashlight is out. IR illuminator should be ok.

this ICR filter. what exactly does this do in bery low light?

The camera senses infrared light in order to see in the dark.  However, that same infrared light sensitivity makes it harder for the camera to see natural colors in the daylight -- if you ever look at a daytime image with infrared turned on, you'll see that the colors are very washed out.  The ICR (infrared cut filter) is a filter that goes over the sensor in the daytime so that the camera can see the world like you do.  At night, it moves away so that the camera can see the infrared spectrum and thus see in the dark.

Yes, the infrared illuminator is what helps the camera see farther at night.  Same as a regular flashlight does for your eyes. Don't cover it up unless you want the picture to get even worse.

will an illuminator make a difference. ?

Yes, it will make a ton of difference.  The IR lamp built into these cameras is good for only 10-15 feet of visibility.  That's why your nighttime image is so poor.  An external IR illuminator will greatly improve your results.

turnbui

• Level 2 Member

cmontyburns: great explanation for this total newcomer. many thanks.
a big thank you to FurryNutz and RYAT3 as well.

good news is we caught the sh--ts in action

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:13:38 AM by turnbui »
Pages: [1] 2