• April 18, 2024, 09:57:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: one minute problem - Please share if you have been successful  (Read 49735 times)

Kerflumper

• Level 1 Member
Re: one minute problem - Please share if you have been successful
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 11:23:42 AM »

I have this problem too and while I haven't yet checked anything on my firewall (SonicWALL TZ 100) I hope someone can shed some light on why this works the way it does.  Why a one minute timer?  Where does that come from?  I've never really looked into what uPNP is, and a quick search on it doesn't give me much to go on in this context.

I guess my question is, if the connection is made and you can view the live video from outside via a browser or app, what is telling the connection to timeout in one minute?

rayjj

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 10:23:27 AM »

I was having this same problem and I think I have almost solved it.  I have a Linksys WRTG54L router, using the latest firmware available (forget version number offhand).  I had UPNP enabled on the router, but the latest firmware for whatever reason no longer shows it, so I am guessing that it is always active now, no clue.  Regardless, after having it enabled in the router, and in the settings for the 2 DCS-930L cameras, it still would time out.  Next step was to create static IPs for both cameras, did that, still timed out.  Next step was to forward TCP Port 80 in my router to the internal IP of the cameras.  I made the port forwarding identical for both cameras, which I guess would typically be a conflict, but it seems to have made it work, or so I thought. (I am not all that knowledgeable on networking past the very basics).  So last night, I added 2 more cameras to my setup, both DCS-932L.  Those took a lot more effort to get setup and added to mydlink, but I eventually got it.  Went through all the same steps as above, in the process I changed the IPs of the original 2 cameras, and did all the appropriate settings in the router, but now one of my original cameras is timing out, but the other 3 are not.  Is it possible it is just taking longer for all the IP and port forwarding into to get sent to mydlink account?  I checked every setting page of all the cams and they are identical, so makes no sense that only 1 times out now.

rayjj

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 01:44:14 PM »

I was having this same problem and I think I have almost solved it.  I have a Linksys WRTG54L router, using the latest firmware available (forget version number offhand).  I had UPNP enabled on the router, but the latest firmware for whatever reason no longer shows it, so I am guessing that it is always active now, no clue.  Regardless, after having it enabled in the router, and in the settings for the 2 DCS-930L cameras, it still would time out.  Next step was to create static IPs for both cameras, did that, still timed out.  Next step was to forward TCP Port 80 in my router to the internal IP of the cameras.  I made the port forwarding identical for both cameras, which I guess would typically be a conflict, but it seems to have made it work, or so I thought. (I am not all that knowledgeable on networking past the very basics).  So last night, I added 2 more cameras to my setup, both DCS-932L.  Those took a lot more effort to get setup and added to mydlink, but I eventually got it.  Went through all the same steps as above, in the process I changed the IPs of the original 2 cameras, and did all the appropriate settings in the router, but now one of my original cameras is timing out, but the other 3 are not.  Is it possible it is just taking longer for all the IP and port forwarding into to get sent to mydlink account?  I checked every setting page of all the cams and they are identical, so makes no sense that only 1 times out now.

OK so now this is weird, a different camera is now timing out, and the one that was earlier is not.  WTF is all I can say!

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 11:10:40 AM »

Looks like the "1-minute" problem has been resolved since the recent revision of the mydlink website. At least for me it is. I can view any cam for what appears to be no limit. The frame rate also seems to be improved and the 1x-4x zoom finally works.

How about for others?

On the flip-side, the recent update for the "mydlink lite" on my Android phone seems to have problems connecting now. I keep getting "unable to connect" with "List" and "Reconnect" as options -- even while I am at home, on the same LAN. Never had probs before.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 11:42:40 AM »

Looks like the "1-minute" problem has been resolved since the recent revision of the mydlink website. At least for me it is. I can view any cam for what appears to be no limit. The frame rate also seems to be improved and the 1x-4x zoom finally works.

How about for others?

On the flip-side, the recent update for the "mydlink lite" on my Android phone seems to have problems connecting now. I keep getting "unable to connect" with "List" and "Reconnect" as options -- even while I am at home, on the same LAN. Never had probs before.

I've never personally experienced the infamous 1-minute issue, but subsequent to the mydlink website update I did get the "List" and "Reconnect" options on one occasion.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

BUYWHIZ

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 09:35:01 AM »

I have Dcs-932L installed at my work place. I can see Live video from mydlink continuously when I'm on the same Network without any Restriction But when I try to see the same Live feed from my home by logging in from mydlink  - It gives me 60 Second Restriction. At Home I have a Comcast DSL Internet which comes with a Motorola Modem - (Motorola SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0) which is connected to Netgear Router N600 (WNDR3700), I called customer Support and they told me that I should be able to see Live Video If I enable UPnP from my router Settings Which I did but No luck. Can someone please help me out with steps by steps instructions  as I'm new to all this. I would really appreciate it Thanks Nisha

csalmond

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 11:53:37 AM »

Click on Setup -
Network Setup
Under UpNP settings
UPnP Port Forwarding
Set the radio button to "Enable"
Save.

mikedrew79

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 02:57:22 PM »

I have two 932l's that I have used on two different routers.  linsys wrt54g and the DLink 600L.  Both have UPnP and both were enabled but the 1 min issue was happening.  I disabled audio on one camera and the 1 min time limit went away for that camera.  Disabled audio on the second cam with the same results.  The audio doesn't work the best anyways and is no use to me.  Hope this works for some of you that have had issues.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 07:03:44 AM »

I have two 932l's that I have used on two different routers.  linsys wrt54g and the DLink 600L.  Both have UPnP and both were enabled but the 1 min issue was happening.  I disabled audio on one camera and the 1 min time limit went away for that camera.  Disabled audio on the second cam with the same results.  The audio doesn't work the best anyways and is no use to me.  Hope this works for some of you that have had issues.

That's a very interesting observation. . . I haven't heard this anywhere else. Can you try enabling audio again to see if the problem resurfaces? Can anyone else validate this issue?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

GraceL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 07:44:24 AM »

Thank you csalmond!  Your fix worked for me!

rgarden

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 07:02:52 AM »

Hi everyone,
Im new at this forum and id like your help, please. Im having the same issue (1minute problem) in my DCS 5222L, but not at home via wi-fi. The problem is in my 3G connection on the app for the iphone. Can you solve this problem? Tks.
Pages: 1 [2]