• March 28, 2024, 05:07:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Guide to DD-WRT (custom firmware) for DIR-615  (Read 761406 times)

Jasu

• Level 2 Member
Re: Guide to DD-WRT (custom firmware) for DIR-615
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2010, 01:00:18 AM »

Are you going to use the router as router or gateway? Do you want all the computers to have a public IP or private one? It seems you are now mixing the two. You allocate private IPs with your DHCP but try to route the public ones.

uuriasu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2010, 02:34:37 AM »

Are you going to use the router as router or gateway? Do you want all the computers to have a public IP or private one? It seems you are now mixing the two. You allocate private IPs with your DHCP but try to route the public ones.

router as router,i need to make a network with automatic ip like 192.168.0.100-150,a normal wireless router

Jasu

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2010, 02:54:39 AM »

If you want to use 192.168.x.x IP-addresses you can't set router operating mode to "router". It has to be "gateway". You should also leave the static routing empty.

uuriasu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2010, 03:23:52 AM »

Dynamic Routing
Interface

1.Disable
2.WAN
3.LAN & Wlan
4.Both

and i leave on static ip no address...

rainz3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 08:01:03 AM »

I just flashed to the latest build earlier today and everything went smoothly but when I try and transfer any files from one desktop to another I am only getting 1MB/s transfers. This seems extremely low to me. Any advice on fixing the issue?

Current setup is

DIR-615 C1
Wireless Mode N only
Channel Width Turbo(40mhz)
Channel 11
Control Channel Lower
WPA2 AES

Under STATUS --> Wireless it shows TX Power of 13 and that doesn't change no matter what I try to set it to and rate of 75MB/s though thats higher than usually as it has been at or around 30 all day

first pc
DWA-552 latest driver
Win 7 x64

Second PC
TEW-623PI latest driver
Win 7 X64

Thanks for the help in advance

Skello

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2010, 12:30:14 PM »

@rainz3

My Wireless Network Mode is set to Mixed and Channel Width to 40 Mhz and TX Power says 71 mW (300 Mb/s)

Try mixed mode and try leaving 20 Mhz for channel width too, there are some controllers that don't support 40.

Also what protocol are you using for file transfer? Windows file sharing? Can you try FTP (get filezilla server just for test)?

rainz3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 01:21:08 PM »

I am using windows to transfer over. Just dragging and dropping from one folder to another. I tried setting to mixed but that takes away 40mhz and can only be set to 20mhz now. Also no matter what I set TX to it stays at 17 under status.

Skello

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 01:37:31 PM »

Have you played around with other settings?! I mean more advanced ones, not basic wireless security stuff.

Another idea would be to try different channels. Some times there can be interference on some. If this fails too, try resetting everything to defaults and start over with settings fresh. See what the TX is by default.

I have a D1. I think it has a different chipset than C1. Maybe someone with a C1 working properly can tell us the build they use, what settings they have and what is their their TX.

stonetownmike

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 03:34:51 PM »

Several posts on the dd-wrt forum report bugs in the latest builds. The last stable release listed on the dd-wrt database is build 14896. I've been using it in my C1 router without any problems since it was released in August. I used the settings recommended for the Atheros chipset in the dd-wrt wiki at http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Atheros/ath_wireless_settings. YMMV.

rainz3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 03:51:47 PM »

thanks for that! I will download and flash that ASAP to see how it goes. One last question before I do since I have the latest build do I just flash over it or should I flash back to factory?

stonetownmike

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 05:45:39 PM »

I can't guarantee it, but you should be able to flash over it. One other thing: Make sure you set your RX and TX antenna chains to 1+3. C1 routers are picky about that.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:57:54 PM by stonetownmike »

rainz3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 06:51:10 PM »

alright I have reflashed did the 30/30/30 reset and redid the settigns as per that wiki and set the rx tx to 1+3. My transfer rate of the file is now a blistering 1.5MB/s!!! PROGRESS! :)

In all seriousness the only thing that really seems to have changed is under wireless status it says the rate bounces from 70MB/s - 250MB/s which is much much higher than before but no noticable change in the actual transfer speed :(. Also I my Wireless card says it's only connected at 130Mbps on both computers wpa2/AES MIXED NG mode and 40Mhz

stonetownmike

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 06:17:56 AM »

Have you tried bypassing the router and setting up a peer-to-peer network between the two PCs? What transfer rate do you get then?

Skello

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 07:49:23 AM »

Here are a few questions you should try and answer in order to troubleshoot this:

1. Do you have any security product installed on the computers that might be scanning the traffic in real time and therefore limiting the speed? These are usually Internet Security type suites with firewall modules, or stand-alone firewalls. If the answer is yes, then disable them

2. What is the transfer rate when connecting the two computers together directly? (make one of the adapters an access point).

3. Is it only over wireless? Check transfer speeds for wired connections between the two computers, with the router in between.

4. Have you tried other file sharing protocols, such as FTP?

5. Have you tried switching the wireless connection channel? Don't go for 11, try different ones between 1 and 10. See if that changes anything.

6. What is the position of the antennas? Best position is like here.

7. Do you have local peering (over the Internet) with anyone, which allows you to download with high speeds from them (over 2 MB/s)? That would be great for testing.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:52:36 AM by Skello »

rainz3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010, 11:00:45 AM »

1. Everythings disabled, firewall and spyware. No antivirus on either computer
2. I haven't tried this as currently it would be very difficult to get them close enough to try
3. Yes it's over just wireless and I have tried with one comp on wired to the router and the other wireless but right now its a very big hassle to try both wired
4. No I haven't tried FTP I should give that a shot when I figure out how
5. Yes I have tried several channels Currently on channel 1 because every other wireless connection around are on either 6 or 11(mostly 11)
6. Thats how I always keep the antennas :)
7. Do you mean like torrent? I have utorrent on both comps but I don't know how to set it up where I can share via it. In fact I am going to try and look that up now!

Thanks so much for the replies and help trying to get this work, I really appreciate it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17