• April 25, 2024, 06:04:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-825 performance problem and crash  (Read 2859 times)

MicroSun

• Level 1 Member
DIR-825 performance problem and crash
« on: April 11, 2010, 01:55:27 AM »

Hello!

I have a Dlink DIR-825 router (Rev B. FW:2.00EU). I have a 60Mbit internet connection (cable net with cisco modem) and 2 PCs in my network with Gigabit LAN and I use only Cat6 cables.

The first problem is that in case of P2P downloads the router crashes if the download is longer then ~30 sec and the speed is ~2Mbyte/s or above. I mean when the download starts and the speed goes up to ~2Mbyte/s and it stays at that level for half a minute and then no more internet connection. I have to switch on and off the router.

The second problem is if I use normal download with a download manager and the speed reaches the ~2Mbyte/s (only 8 connection thread) then the router is not able to handle any other requests. I mean a simple ping results a timeout. In this case the router doesn't crash but not usable for any other network activity.

I made some other tests as well:
If I connect directly to the modem, then everything is working fine.
If I transfer files between my to PC's then no performance problem. The transfer can reach up to 70Mbyte/s and ping still works fine and no crash.

I have tried to install a new firmware 2.01EU but it made the situation even worse so I downgraded back to 2.00EU

Any tips or idea?