• March 28, 2024, 07:17:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: dcs-2132L & dcs-2230 are insecure cameras to web  (Read 5873 times)

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
dcs-2132L & dcs-2230 are insecure cameras to web
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:06:36 PM »

anyone could be watching on your exposed ports...

How do I turn off guest/guest???  ???

*dcs 5222L would not allow this login...

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: dcs-2132L & dcs-2230 are insecure cameras to web
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 06:43:01 PM »

Is this a known with the cameras?   I searched on here and didn't find anything.

So you are all cool that anyone else can view using guest/guest username/password??

???

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:28:01 PM »

This is a peer to peer board and u r prob in the upper 2 pct of "tech IQ" not to disrespect others as its a consumer electronics product. DLINK support is also not present on this board or is hiding from the tough questions so I'm not sure you will get an answer. The mod might be able to relay your legitimate concerns but it seems like DLI
NK doesn't care. Where you might be able to light a fire under their shoes is at newegg.com reviews. it's not a promotion of the site but manufacturers seem to react to consumers ready to impact them on future sales if they don't support what they already sold. Aight.

I love your candor  ;D

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 08:31:43 PM »

This is a peer to peer board and u r prob in the upper 2 pct of "tech IQ" not to disrespect others as its a consumer electronics product. DLINK support is also not present on this board or is hiding from the tough questions so I'm not sure you will get an answer. The mod might be able to relay your legitimate concerns but it seems like DLINK doesn't care. Where you might be able to light a fire under their shoes is at newegg.com reviews. it's not a promotion of the site but manufacturers seem to react to consumers ready to impact them on future sales if they don't support what they already sold. Aight.

dlink-spycams.com  has a ring to it, right?...  it looks available...

perhaps  exposed-dcscams.com?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 07:03:19 PM »

This is a peer to peer board and u r prob in the upper 2 pct of "tech IQ" not to disrespect others as its a consumer electronics product. DLINK support is also not present on this board or is hiding from the tough questions so I'm not sure you will get an answer. The mod might be able to relay your legitimate concerns but it seems like DLI
NK doesn't care. Where you might be able to light a fire under their shoes is at newegg.com reviews. it's not a promotion of the site but manufacturers seem to react to consumers ready to impact them on future sales if they don't support what they already sold. Aight.

I figured it out how to block guest/guest, and I'm not telling.   :P