• March 29, 2024, 03:35:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: outside IP for others to view?  (Read 2994 times)

rubberman

• Level 1 Member
outside IP for others to view?
« on: July 18, 2014, 03:25:26 PM »

right now i can type in 192.168.1.121:80 and i can see the video that way without using the dlink app. is there a way to have others be able to view the cam video via IP?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Notworried

• Level 2 Member
Re: outside IP for others to view?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 06:53:33 PM »

This puts users in the configuration page of the camera. They have no business going there. What we want is a web link that simply displays the video without asking for pw etc. I do see a sticky that is supposed to answer this question but I have never been able to make it work.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: outside IP for others to view?
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 08:48:09 AM »

This puts users in the configuration page of the camera. They have no business going there. What we want is a web link that simply displays the video without asking for pw etc. I do see a sticky that is supposed to answer this question but I have never been able to make it work.

If you create and use new user accounts (not admin), then users only have access to the LIVE VIDEO page and cannot see or access any configuration settings (this is explained in the FAQ entry referenced earlier). Short of creating/hosting a website for direct access, this may be the simplest method without using mydlink.

An alternate approach is the D-Link Justconnect+ mobile app, which can use other user accounts, but currently has no sound support.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:51:04 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC