• April 24, 2024, 03:13:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: I cannot log in to the ADMIN page  (Read 4978 times)

shepherd564

• Level 1 Member
I cannot log in to the ADMIN page
« on: June 26, 2014, 02:23:59 PM »

???  I have tried everything in the manual and on the " nonsupport??" website, by asking the same question about how to login but never get any answers except the one that doesn't work.  I cannot login to the admin page to get everything setup. it says the password is wrong or the ADMIN is wrong.  Don't know which since I put no password and have not changed the admin. I have 4 PC's I want to connect through the router.  Two can be wireless the other two need to be wired along with two printers, one of which can be wireless and the other must be wired. 

Now. I have had this router for close to a year now and have never been able to log into the router.  I have everything hooked up as it needs to be according to the manual and I've been able to connect the wireless printer through the printer wizard on the printer.  I cannot connect to the wired printer.  Two PC's I have connected with a home network but cannot link them through the router because I can't get logged in.  I cannot link to a laptop because I can't get logged in to the Router to set it up. This has become very old to not be able to access files on the other PC's without having to resort to a flashdrive and working two jobs now I really don't have all this time to do that when it can be done an easier way IF I could get everything setup the way it needs to be. 

I have reached a point where I either get this fixed or I'm trashing the router and going with another brand. 

I need some help here. I have tried numerous times to get some assistance from tech support but a method to actually contact them seems to be non-existent.  So I am trying the forum.  And yes, I'm not happy to have paid over a $100.00 for a router that doesn't do what the instructions say to do but don't work. I have talked to Office Depot where I bought it and they told me to contact DLink Tech support and this forum seems to be the only means to do that.

Shepherd564  :'(

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: I cannot log in to the ADMIN page
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »

Link>Welcome!

What model router do you have?

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

shepherd564

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 06:04:52 PM »

My firmware is 1.00.  the Router is a Dlink DIR860L.  I clicked on your links in your reply and it gave me a phone number to call.  I did and I do not know what she did but she fixed the admin login so it worked as it should have at the beginning.  I do not know what was going on with that.  Anyway, it worked for a little while then all of a sudden I didn't have internet or email on anything.  had to reset everything again.  This is getting really old.  Have it back up now but I will have to see how long it works this time. 

But thank you for the phone number that was more than I was able to get off of the website or the Users Manual.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 06:59:21 AM »

• Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?
  • Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?

PC 3rd Party Security Software Configurations
  • Turn off all anti virus and firewall programs on PC while testing. 3rd party firewalls are not generally needed when using routers as they are effective on blocking malicious inbound traffic.

PC Web Browser Configurations
What browser are you using?
Try Opera or FF? If IE 8, 9, 10 or 11, set compatibility mode and test again.
Disable any security browser Add-ons like No Script and Ad-Block or configure them to allow All Pages when connected to the router.
Clear all browser caches.
Be sure to log into the Admin account on the router.
Try turning off these features in Chrome:
Top right corner, little bars for options > Settings > Settings (on left) > Show advanced settings.
Uncheck these:
Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar
Predict network actions to improve page load performance
Enable phishing and malware protection
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.